EP25: The Psychiatry of Combat with Dr. Brad Johns
Dr. Brad Johns is a nationally known psychiatrist who brings a different point of view to combat training. With a second degree black belt as well as a a leader in Bando, Dr. Johns brings a perspective few have the education and experience to match in training for combat and sport.
Dr. Johns years studying have given him a unique perspective on your ego and sense of self – and how it makes you the martial artist, fitness enthusiast, professional, or shooter you are.
This 2 hour long episode will have you rewinding, pausing, Googling, and most of all – changing your thoughts on training, violence, and medicine.
This week Matt the distraction of the internet, and talks to Dr. Johns about:
– The ego and id, self, and how our higher mind can affect combative training
– Understanding how we can take control of our reactions today by understanding simple concepts
– How our past dictates our present and how we can get past bad experiences and use good ones
– The nature of the psychotic lone wolf killer – and can they be prepared for?
– Signal anxiety, creating the right mental models to react to threats and attacks
– PTSD, fast cars, Harvard weather, and so much more on Pramek Radio….
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |